Thursday, December 14, 2006

TIRES!!! revB

So I went to get the new tires again on Tuesday...and guess what? No tires at Costco. I was livid. I couldn't believe it. So I told Costco I was going somewhere else and I would return the tires later. I took the car into Big O and by four o'clock I had brand spankin' new Falken ZIEX STZ 04. These tires rock. They have a stiff sidewall, it makes the car drive like it's on rails. Body roll has been noticeably, NOTICEABLY, reduced. The ride is smoother, quieter and the traction is better. It's a whole different car. If anyone is looking for Hyundai Tucson Tires, Falken ZIEX STZ 04's are the way to go. I'll let you know about on snow traction...but so far I'm sold. So what pray tell, happened to the Costco tires: It took me an hour to take them back and get a refund. Plus I still had to pony up the four bucks for disposing the original tires. If Costco wasn't so cool, I probably wouldn't EVER shop there again. But alas, the big box treasure hunt will surely continue. At least the service desk rep who did the refund was nice. She at least seemed to feel bad...

No comments: