Monday, December 11, 2006

TIRES!!!!

We bought a 2005 Hyundai Tucson for Linzy last year. She has loved it, except for the tires. It came with BF Goodrich Traction T/A spec. I put some Traction T/A H's on the Avalon and loved them. I thought Linzy had the same tires, until she slid off the road by my folk's house. My Dad had to pull her out while I waited helplessly in a meeting. Long story short it turns out the Traction T/A is a cruddy OEM tire with hardly any traction. I spend three hours the next day trying to find better all terrain tires for the car. It has such small wheel wells that I wasn't sure if a light truck tire would fit. So that left me with passenger car tires. The low profile, wide tire size was nearly impossible to find. I finally ended up at Costco where they special ordered the tire for me. They ordered the T speed rating b/c the SUV doesn't need the H. Fine, whatever. So I wait two weeks for these tires, through two more snow storms. The day arrives and I merrily spend 3 hours at Costco waiting to have my tires put on. And when I get outside, what do I find on my car: oh yeah the T/A specs. I could have killed somebody. So the manager and I go the rounds. He agrees to refund my purchase and then has to SPECIAL ORDER AGAIN, the H rated version that have the right tread pattern. (Just so everyone knows, the H and T have the same tread EXCEPT for my tire size...which only comes in spec). It was supposed to be in on Friday. I called Costco, can anyone guess what they told me? "Sorry sir, your tires aren't here. They won't be in until Tuesday." I was floored. I give up. If I didn't have Costco's tires I would go somewhere else.

No comments: